Sunday, May 25, 2008

Little Room Left

Baby Sani at 32 wks.


Me at 34 wks....about 8 months


36 wks. along


This past Friday...38 wks...he's really getting out there!

As you can see, the time is almost here. Baby Sani is considered "full-term" at this point...so it's just a matter of time. Last Friday was my last day of work...I probably won't return until October after taking as much maternity and bonding time as I can. I am scheduled for one more ultrasound this coming Friday to check Sani's growth. One of the ways a pregnancy is monitored is by the growth of the uterus. This is measured by a good old fashioned tape measure stretched from the pelvic bone to the top of the uterus. The number the doctor reads is supposed to match up with the number of weeks pregnant I am. Well....my numbers don't match up. So last week at my checkup, I was 37 weeks pregnant, but only measuring at 34 wks. I'm measuring small (hard to believe looking at that last picture, huh!). The top picture is of an ultrasound completed in April because of this "problem" of the numbers not lining up. At that time, my son was however found to be in the 75th percentile of growth...which is great! So, I'm not concerned in the least. He moves around quite a bit throughout the day and feels like he's getting stronger. My doctor finally admitted this last week that the numbers being off is probably just me...but due to standard precautionary measures I will have another ultrasound to check out his size. So I may get to share with you yet another pre-birth pic of our son, as long as he stays put through this next week. I'm just not looking forward to drinking a quart of water and having to hold it until after the procedure. Otherwise I'm doing quite well...feeling good most of the time...working on odds and ends around the house preparing for his arrival, and trying to get as much mommy-daughter time in while it's still easy.

No comments: