Monday, July 13, 2009

No good excuses

At least I really couldn't think of any to again explain the lack of posts....just life I guess. This past weekend we all took a trip to the Bay area for a wedding. Made it a bit of a family vacation. It was nice to get away to a cooler climate, to see some old friends and take some extra time to be together just Eric the kids and I. Although I do confess I got a little pampering in on Friday morning when I joined the bride to be and bridesmaids for manis and pedis. Ahhhhh.....:)

Cadence turned three yesterday, and for the moment is coloring quietly at the table behind me with some new art stuff from Great Aunt Diane. Sani has now quieted down for his nap. Eric is out running some errands all by himself, a rare treat for him these days. And here I am enjoying the peace.

Work plugs along for me. I survived my first class and enjoy the homework-free summer. Eric continues to care for the kids full-time and is on summer break from teaching dance until the fall. Cadence is potty trained now, has learned about half the alphabet by sight, and loves to count. Sani is not a baby anymore. He does just about anything and everything these days, is on his way to a mouthful of teeth, and had started those lovely tantrums when things don't go his way.

These days I try to savor the simple things around me like the laughter of my kids. I try to soak up the time when one of them wants to sit on my lap just to be held. I relish when Cadence and I swing together, the cool of the summer air flowing through our hair as we gaze lazily up at the blue of the sky, or watch humming birds zip around the yard. And the stolen moments when Eric and I linger in an embrace before we are discovered by one of the kids. So perhaps I've just discovered the best excuse of all....all the moments like these and so many more, of living, of loving, of being.

1 comment:

Justine said...

So happy to see you here!! Glad things are going so well . You are a good writer!

Love, JB